Monday, February 9, 2009

aunt agony pls?_

Dear Aunt Agony,

I need help. I'm currently working at a place which is near my house and the boss treats me pretty well. The pay is $6/hr and lunch is provided most of the time. I'm being paid based on 9hours which includes my lunch time.

My job scope involves everything from the main phone calling which i happen to hate it, handling of clients, setting up the room which is moving of tables and chairs and they are pretty heavy, making of coffee and tea, making sure the cleanliness of the entire place which includes vacuuming of the place and changing of garbage bag which make me feel like a total aunty.

I have no colleagues so basically it's just the boss and i. Boss will be out in the day so i'll be left alone. I feel so anti-social and going crazy as i'm talking to the phone for the whole 9hours plus. It might seem okay to you but it's totally mad for someone like me. I can't survive without friends. I'm losing my ability to talk to pple. It's just standard lines everyday for 10hours or so. This job makes me miss all my friends! I'm crying everyday there. I really hate it. I'm planning to quit.

However, if i quit, i'll be jobless. There're a few alternatives. There's another job vacancy available which is nearer to my house. An admin job but the pay is lower($5+?) and it is based on 8hours though i have to work for 9. No free lunch but no phone calling(not as much i guess). More of a data entry job. Heard it's a pretty loner job as well.

Next alternative is that requesting for adding ai lin to my current workplace. Job will be split, pay as well. Not sure how much but won't be normal. Should be below the market rate? Don't know. But plus ai lin=fun and love and more relaxed job! However, lower pay.

Another alternative will be looking for another job which is pretty tough due to recession. The same risks apply when getting a new job. Proximity is critical. Adult fare kills. It's difficult.

Should i stay on with my current job and cry everyday till my tears go dry and get used to it or have a lower pay job which is quite bad cos i have to pay for my driving lessons(TMD expensive-$70 per lesson) or get a new job which have all the risks?

Please save me. I don't want to die. I don't want to suffer anymore. Any kind soul wants to reply me?

From the lovely Balugu,
qinyuu@gmail.com

*cries*

No comments: